Thursday, March 26, 2015

How to Avoid Hand Binding Your Quilts

Hi everyone:

This week is spring break for us in Calgary, so I'm enjoying a welcome week off - which means I'm working extra hard at home on quilty things. There are lots of big changes coming up for Chatterbox Quilts, which I'll let you know about soon.

This week on Telecast Thursday, I have another sneak peek at part of my on-line course, Essential Guide to Fusible Web Appliqué. This time I'm showing you how to avoid hand binding your smaller quilt projects and use a pillowcase method to get it all stitched together. I try to avoid binding at all costs as it's not my favourite part of quilting, so if you're like me, I'm sure you'll find this video helpful.*

Especially for my blog readers, Curious is giving you a 20% discount on an annual subscription, allowing you access to thousands of lessons and courses on a wide variety of subjects. Just click here to enrol in Essential Guide to Fusible Web Appliqué and take advantage of this generous discount available until March 31, 2015.

You can view the video below or find it on my Youtube channel.


  
Subscribe to my Youtube channel to receive automatic notifications when new videos are posted each week.

* Okay, I actually do hand bind lots of my quilts and do a very nice job too (at least I think I do!), but if I can get away with it, the pillowcase case method is what I choose to do.

Happy non-binding quilting!

No comments: