Friday, April 11, 2014

Spring Is In The Air - And In These New Quilt Designs Too!

Hi everyone:

I've been busily working away on new patterns in between working at my "real" job, videotaping (look for new videos soon) and making sure I keep the quilting industry in business. Yes, I do tend to spend some money when I'm let loose at a quilt show or shop.
Detail of Easter Brights pattern by Chatterbox Quilts
I'm excited to tell you that I have three - not one or two, but three new patterns available just in time for Easter. These designs all use fusible web appliqué and don't require binding, so there is no excuse for not completing at least one of these before Easter. I'm not listening - no excuses, remember?!
Chatterbox Quilts
Easter Blooms design by Chatterbox Quilts
Two of these designs, Easter Blooms and Easter Treats, could be wall hangings or would be great as table runners to decorate your holiday table. 
Chatterbox Quilts
Easter Treats design by Chatterbox Quilts
Easter Brights is a wall hanging that would be perfect on your dining room wall. 
Chatterbox Quilts
Easter Brights design by Chatterbox Quilts
I finished the appliqué shapes on all of the designs with a narrow zigzag stitch and used the same colour thread for all of the appliqués on each piece, but you don't have to do this. You could decide to use a blanket stitch or satin stitch for your appliqués. You could even decide to not finish the appliqué edges if you were going to use these as wall hangings and weren't going to wash them. Shocking, I know, but I have fused on appliqué shapes without finishing the edges and they've stayed on for years without coming away from the background fabric. Certainly speeds up the project.
Chatterbox Quilts
Flowers and Easter eggs - how spring-y!
All of these designs are available as PDF downloads to purchase on my website. Click here to purchase them today so you can have them finished for Easter. 


Quick like a (chocolate) bunny!

P.S. Check out my Youtube channel for helpful advice in completing these fusible web appliqué patterns.

No comments: