Friday, February 15, 2013

Free Motion Quilting - Fun!

Hi everyone:
Online Quilting Class

I've been busy stitching and quilting up a storm, trying to keep my commitment to the DaGMT challenge. If you don't know what I'm talking about, you can find out all about it here. In between all of the activity, I've been catching up on some of my Craftsy classes. 



I am trying to make time to practise my free motion quilting (and not being very successful at finding this time!), and am really learning a lot from Design it, Quilt it: Free-Form Quilting Techniques by Cindy Needham. Cindy is an excellent instructor and her calm, practical advice makes me believe that I can rock out free motion designs just like she does. She covers a variety of designs from pebbles, straight lines to free motion feathers that are just gorgeous! 
Online Quilting Class


If you haven't taken a Craftsy class, this might be the place to start. I'm really learning lots in this class and have enjoyed all of the classes that I've signed up for. The instructors are professional and present the information in a friendly manner and I really like the fact that I can view the videos anytime night or day. I often have my laptop or iPad next to the sewing machine and quilt along with the video lesson. I can stop the video when I want and "rewind" to go over a particular section. Oh, and if you have an iPad, Craftsy has an app that you'll want to download. I often stream the lessons through Apple TV so I can watch while I'm working out on the elliptical. I can't actually stitch right then, but the information has a chance to soak into my mind - and distracts me from all the sweating that's going on. Okay, maybe too much information, but now you know a bit more about my life!

If you think that you would enjoy this class, why not sign up for it? You'll receive a special discount of 25% just because you are a Chatterbox Chitchat reader. 

If you're a Craftsy afficionado as I am, I'd love to hear about your favourite class(es).




No comments: