Monday, October 8, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving - and pumpkins too

Hi everyone:

Happy Thanksgiving to all my Canadian readers! I hope you're enjoying a wonderful day with family and friends. 

This week-end has been a work one for our family as we recently had new windows installed in our house and my husband spent two days priming and painting the trim (aluminum clad wood windows). They look great and make such a difference compared to the original house windows that were replaced. 
Dining room window all taped up and ready to be painted
I like the funky tape colours!
So, instead of quilting this week-end, I spent my time washing floors and furniture, dusting and doing laundry - okay, I was supervising the kids doing most of the heavy work, but still... You wouldn't think that the installation of a few windows would cause there to be drywall dust throughout the house, but it did, so heavy cleaning was involved after the installers left. I guess my spring cleaning was done in the fall instead!
Dining room window all painted and curtains re-installed
Now that the house in back in shape, I'm continuing to work on my Perky Pumpkin table runner. I decided to add some hand embroidery to up just to spice it up. Actually, I didn't want to have to machine finish the appliqué edges, so I decided to do some hand embroidery to keep them down. 

I like that the embroidery has a two-fold function - to fasten the appliqués to the background and to act as an embellishment. 
Pumpkin #1 completed with a long running stitch
Pumpkin #2 completed with a cross stitch
I still have to finish up the last pumpkin and then it will be ready to quilt. 

One more pumpkin to go - and then the leaves
How did you spend your Thanksgiving week-end? I hope you didn't each too much turkey or pumpkin pie :)



1 comment:

Monika Kinner-Whalen (MySweetPrairie) said...

We did turkey three times - here in Saskatoon, Saturday in Edmonton, and then Sunday at North Battleford.
eat
eat
eat
eat
: ) Happy Turkey day to you too!
Monika