Monday, October 25, 2010

Wool Appliqué


While I love to appliqué with cotton fabrics, lately wool has been catching my eye. Such luscious colours and soft texture - what's not to like? Well, wool is a little more pricey, that's true, but considering you're only using small amounts of it it's actually affordable - at least that's the logic I'm using! I also like to do some hand embroidery on my projects, so wool would be perfect for this application.


Since I'm not used to working with wool, I was searching the internet for some wool appliqué tips and ran across this information. If you're considering adding wool to your stash, you might be interested in viewing and reading these before you start. Or you might be like me and buy your wool first and then try to find a project in which to use it! 


This wool appliqué tutorial is from the Cottons n' Wool blog by Anne.


This second article is from Kay Mackenzie's All About Appliqué blog and is an interview with Kaye Moore. 


I hope you enjoy these and give wool a try.

No comments: